October Monthly Subscribers Only Page
Gather Here with Grateful Hearts
Welcome to the Subscribers Only page for the Savor Time & Tradition October Box!
This month, the focus is on Gratitude!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away?! I was thinking about this when considering my theme for the October box. I knew I wanted to include a focus on gratitude to get us all in the right frame of mind leading up to Thanksgiving. You might recall I sent an email to each of you asking what food or beverage you are most grateful for. I then based the contents of this box on those answers! As a group, y’all love coffee, tea and chocolate!
On this page you will find my yummy and oh so easy short bread recipe, a digital download you can print at home to use during your Thanksgiving gatherings, and a 30 day list of gratitude prompts for use in your floral lay-flat journal. HINT: If you start on October 27th, day 30 is Thanksgiving Day!
Before we get to all of that... a personal note to my customers:
I want to take a moment to say thank you. I am so very grateful for each and every one of you. You continue to share your excitement with me and on social media as well. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I hope you love this month’s box as much as I do. I had a great deal of fun finding the right products from the right companies… and I may have tasted a few too many caramels.
– Many Thanks,
This Month's Recipe: Shortbread Cookies
I love to use this recipe throughout the holiday season. It’s a simple recipe with a handful of ingredients. Be sure to use high quality butter here. You’ll get a buttery, slightly sweet, crisp cookie… perfect with tea or coffee with friends.
- 3 sticks room temperature unsalted butter (Land-o-Lakes suggested)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add the vanilla. Combine.
- Add the flour and salt to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough begins to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with a 1.5 inch cutter. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. If you want a little added sweetness, lightly sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake15 to 18 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
If you like, you can dip the cooled cookies in high quality melted chocolate for an extra special treat.
30 Days of Gratitude: Beginning October 27th Through Thanksgiving Day, November 25th.
As we move toward the Thanksgiving Holiday, this 30 day guide will help you pause to consider all of life’s blessings. I hope you will use your journal from this month’s box to write daily about the things you are grateful for. Let’s do this together!
- Name someone who inspires you.
- Name one way you get to take care of yourself?
- What made you smile today?
- Name one of your strengths.
- What is something that brings you comfort?
- What are you grateful for that money can’t buy?
- What is your favorite spot in your home?
- What fear have you overcome?
- Name something beautiful outside your window.
- What types of food are you most grateful for?
- What hobby/activity brings you joy?
- What is something you use daily that you are thankful for?
- What goal have you achieved recently?
- Name someone who loves you.
- What quote or song inspires you?
- What is your favorite thing to do outdoors?
- Name one good thing that happened today.
- What is your most treasured item?
- What tradition do you look forward to every year?
- What is something you used to wish for but have now?
- Think of a compliment that someone gave you that made you feel good/appreciated.
- What part of your routine day brings you peace or joy?
- Share a memory that makes you smile?
- Name one accomplishment you are proud of.
- Who is a person you are glad to have in your life?
- What made you laugh recently?
- What lesson are you grateful to have learned?
- What is something you can’t live without?
- What is your favorite way to spend time with family or friends?
- What freedom are you grateful for?
Thanksgiving Gathering Digital Activity Cards
Inspire conversation and bonding with family and friends by using these "I am thankful for..." cards during your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving celebrations. Just download the PDF link, print out as many as you need for your gathering.